The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm going to California.. I'm going to California... (picture this being chanted in a very excited voice...)

Can anyone tell that I am soooo excited!!! I should be packing right now, but I'm pooped and being a lazy bum instead.

We went to Ikea last night and picked up our new furniture. It was so awesome and I want to go there every day now. Kevan was sooooo excited to drive and hour and a half to shop for furniture... He doesn't get it though. Ikea is a big kids chuckey cheeses and I am officially addicted. :-) So far I have put together the nightstand and 4 dining room chairs that we got. I am sooo excited to actually have a grown up house with REAL furniture!!! I'm such a dork, I know. I'm pregnant and married, but what makes me feel grown up is furniture. Who would have thought... I feel like a little girl that wants to have a tea party, only the difference is that I will (probably) serve "real" food and instead of teddy bears and dolls, my victims, uh I mean, guests will be Kevan and Jarro...

So I love macho men. Kevan decided last night that we didnt need to spend $40 on slats for our new bed. Thats fine and dandy, except that everyone can now imagine that I will be waiting about a lifetime to be able to put my new bed together now. I think it would have been worth the $40 to get to put it all together right now, instead of waiting, who knows, a month(??) to get the slats that we need from Home Depot and have Kevan cut them to the right size... oh well... At least it will give me something to harp on, and I have recently been told that the secret to a marriage is Harping... I'll let you all know how that experiment turns out :-)

I took my Glucola test this morning and there is only one word for that special drink.... blughhh... Yuck!!

Here is the latest picture of our resident King...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kevan is going camping with the boys this weekend and will be refreshing his fishing uh, skills...
Jarro is soo excited about getting all nice and dirty and smelling up my nice detailed vehicle...

Alright, Kevan has just handed me a fabulous dinner of pizza and I'm diving right in... And for the record... Gooooooo Yankees!!! My boyfriend, Mike Mussina pitched last night and beat those smelly Red Socks... peee ewww!!

Hope all is well for everyone out there and hope to talk to you all soon...

Adios from Gerberland...

No comments:

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.