The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Its Derby Day!!

So I am stealing this idea from Christine and hope that it works out...
We are the Gerber Family-

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kevan - the dad
Lindsay- the mom
Jarro - the king of the house (aka the dog, but he doesn't know it (yet)...)
Colton - the bun in the oven...

We are in Richmond VA and are slowly becoming suuthenuh's here in the Capital of the Confederacy... We hadn't realized that the Confederate Flag can be worn as any article of clothing from bathing suits to flip flops to onsies until we moved to this place... They aren't kidding when they say that "the war isn't over yet..." (Shhhh... don't tell anyone I am a Yankee!!)

So we are 25 weeks pregnant at the moment and had a cramping scare last week, but turns out I am just dehydrated and need to drink more fluids. Colton looked great at his 20 week ultra-sound. He is sure a kicker and Kevan is hoping that his future football position is as the safety. Colton is really shy around his dad though, and won't kick for him... (it might help if Kevan had a longer attention span :-) )
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We just had our 24 week appointment and all is well. The coolest thing in the world is hearing the swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh of his heart. Too cool! He is measuring ahead of schedule, but who knows what that means, with our luck, I'll be two weeks late... We did get our Dr. to agree to give me a C-section if it looks like we have a 10 pound baby. A lot of pregnant woman feel that they need to "accomplish" something by having a natural childbirth without drugs... not me!!! Load up the drugs and give me a walking epi right now if you want!! I'm a whimp and the easiest way to get this watermelon out is what I'm going for!! Is it too late for a surrogate??

Here is the belly at 24 weeks... not the best picture, but you can see King Jarro on the side...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think thats about all for now, its Kentucky Derby day and that means that I need to start doing some research on my horse. I'm thinking that Lawyer Ron is the pick for me, but we shall see... I'll end up picking the horse with the worst odd's...

having a baby

No comments:

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.