The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Coronation has occured!!!


Colton Alexander Gerber
Friday, August 4th, 2006
6:42 P.M., E.S.T.
7 Pounds 9 Ounces
20 Inches

HOLY MOLY... Did you catch the stats on that one??

So Its official, the King has arrived. So we went to our Dr appointment last Tuesday and my Dr (who I would personally like to Canonize at this point (-: ) decided to go ahead and induce me because my Blood Pressure had gone up and I was in misery with the Puppps. We set the appointment and I have to admit, it was a little weird to "schedule" our Son's arrival...

We showed up at the hospital at 4 p.m. on Thursday and they started the induction. Well after 26 hours of labor and only 1 centemeter of progress, we all decided that a C-Section was the way to go. I have to admit, that was one of the scariest hours of my life. Not only was I dealing with the fact that I was about to become a mother but I was also about to go through major surgery. Awake. I was so happy that Kevan as going to be there to hold my hand through it. Suprisingly the epidural really wasn't bad. The scary part was feeling the pressure of them moving around in my belly and waiting for Kevan to come into the room. Everytime I have watched a birth on tv and see the new mom cry when she hears the baby cry, I always think to myself, "What a pathetic sap!!" Well it's official, I am a pathetic sap. As soon as I heard his little cries, the tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably. Kevan and I just stared at each other throughout the surgery and it was so amazing to watch his facial expressions. Kevan stood up and got some great pictures of Colton being pulled from my belly and just after. Kevan has now seen more of me than he ever thought he would or wanted to.

Looking at this little man that we have created, I am amazed on many different levels; This is our son... Who thought it was a good idea to let us be parents??!!??

1 comment:

Baby G said...

Got to love that onesie! Best baby hospital photo i have seen. Griffin's was pretty funny looking lol.

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.