The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The tale of A&W

I'm less than enthused...

I hadn't eaten all day yesterday and after getting our taxes done (where I literally started crying when I heard how much we were getting back because it was beyond my wildest dreams....) I couldn't wait any longer and so I had Kevan stop at a&w for a burger.

I was super pissed because they had this awesome mushroom/onion burger that I wanted with all of my being and was super psyched for only to find out that they no longer served them, but just hadn't taken the promo thing down yet. How nice.

So then I order my 10 million dollar burger meal (okay, $7, but still. how outrageous) and we get up to the window... She hands me my soda with no straw and I'm so thirsty that I rip off the top and just start drinking.... Yeah... 10 minutes later (okay, maybe 5) I'm still sitting at the window waiting for my mortgage payment burger and three orders of fries...

Chica (with so much facial jewelry that I was mentally threading twine through it) finally gets back to the window to tell me that she's just waiting on my burger. I hand her my soda and ask for a refill while I wait.... She asks if there is something wrong with it... What... besides the fact that I've been sitting at the drive-thru window long enough to drink a large soda??

I get my new soda and ask for a straw this time (random apparently... I guess most a&w guests don't use straws????) and then a couple of minutes later we finally get our food...

we pull away.. I think that life is great...


and then I look in the bag.



Even after taking about 2 hours to get our order together, we were short a fry.
ugh... Oh, and my burger was so nasty that I think that they literally just dunked it into grease before wrapping it up. I felt nasty for the rest of the night.



Until 3am when I woke up thinking that someone was holding a knife to my gut. DAMN YOU A&W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup... I spent the next 10 hours getting sick.

Moral of the story
: Some things just aren't worth the wait...

No comments:

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.