The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Saga of The Cake...

So last night I had a dream about this Strawberry Boston Creme Pie from the local grocery store... I've been thinking about it alllll day... wanting it alllllllllllllllllllll day...

I finally convinced Kevan to go to the store and get it...

The conversation went something along the lines of this...


Lovely Pregnant Wife: "Heeeyyy Keeeev..... will you run to the grocery store?????"

Darling Husband: "For what?"

LPW: "A cake..."

DH: "Are you kidding me right now??"

LPW: "I so wish that I were..."

DH: "I can't go bc I don't think that you can handle wild man here by yourself..."

LPW: "Oh, well then you can take him with you..."

DH: "No, I don't have a carseat in my truck... So I can't..."

LPW: "There just so happens to be a carseat in my car, which also just so happens to have YOUR name also on the title!!!!!"



So then it happens.... He actually GOES!!!! He went and got it!!!!!!!

My darling husband walks back into the house with the MOST beautiful cake EVER!!!!


cake



mmmm, doesn't it look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!


So then we eat a fabulous Chicken Cacciatore that I just whipped together and then we were ready for dessert...



It was soooooooooooooooo good... Yummy!!! My darling husband loved it!! My fabulous son loved it!!!!! I soooooooo loved it!!!!!!








and then...





















it happened.................






















after cake


The freaking dog ate it.........


Yes... that would be Eloise... such a sweet dog...

Anyone have any recipes for Braised Boxer???




And yes, I cried... Just like I cried when Kevan sauntered up, happy as a clam and ate my one and only onion ring that came with my burger king french fries....











Oh, and those of you who are on Team Carpet... The carpet survived this brutal assault completely intact... not even the slightest drip of boston creme filling fell onto the carpet... You can take a big sigh of relief... I know, I know... silver linings...

No comments:

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.