The Cast -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lindsay: The Mom... Kevan: The Dad... Colton: The Kid... Lillian: The Princess... Jarro: The Dog...

Friday, April 11, 2008

The war against the new carpet....

(the following takes place over a two week period...)

April 3rd...
The carpet has been peed on...

Colton is now a little hippy child that needs to move to Boulder...

When I went in to get him this morning, he had stripped off his pj's and was standing there in his diaper...

When I went in to get him because he wouldn't go to sleep for his morning nap, he had stripped out of his clothes AND his diaper and thrown everything out of his bed and then peed all over everything on the floor... He managed to get most everything on his pillow, but there were some droplets on the carpet...

I saw the scene, shut the door and walked downstairs to get Kevan. I swear, the look on his face when I asked him to come with me for a minute was priceless.. He looked like he was ready to shit his pants... Apparently he thought that he was in some big trouble (I now have to figure out what he's got a guilty conscience over...)

But yes... my child is now a master at getting dressed and undressed... I was pretty excited when he started dressing himself, but I sure could have done without the undressing part!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCORECARD...
Gerber Family 1
Carpet 0


April 5th...

So this morning, I wake up to Kevan being "quiet" at 5:30 while getting dressed and hear... "Oh crap... Your Mommy is going to be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed!!!"

I obviously cannot ignore that statement when I'm already awake... I ask what it is that I will be pissed about and scare Kevan to death because he thinks that I can sleep like a man (through anything) and then he informs me that Jarro puked on the new carpet last night and it's really dark...

I've managed to get just about all of the stain up (he dealt with the puke) but I'm wondering what round three will be... I feel bad for this poor carpet...

SCORECARD
Gerber Family 2
Carpet 0


April 9th:
7:45 am
Note to self: Make sure that you are fully awake before you try and balance three beer cans on top of each other from your husbands night table to bring downstairs. Because if you're not, you just might drop the one that he was putting his chew spit into and stain the carpet...
7:52 am
Note to self: Make sure that you are fully awake when you grab the carpet cleaner to clean up the spilled tobacco chew on the new carpet, because otherwise, you just might spray cleanup with BLEACH on the new carpet instead of the carpet cleaner...

No comments:

The Gerber Family

Followers


About Me

My photo
I am a working mom of two trying to stay sane in the midst of our first house renovation. I am obsessed with bargains and making something fabulous out of a boring find.